4:00 PM

(1) Comments

Danica Patrick Visits South Bend

Source: WSBT

SOUTH BEND --- There's no denying that Danica Patrick lives her life in the fast lane. But the IRL star did slow down long enough to make a pit stop in South Bend on Thursday afternoon, when she met with over 600 employees at Tire Rack in South Bend for the company’s annual employee meeting. Patrick was on hand to thank Tire Rack employees for their efforts in selling Bridgestone and Firestone brand tires.
Multimedia

"I think it's always nice to meet people that are a part of you as a race car driver, and part of your fan base as well," Patrick says.

Fans of all ages lined up to get a moment with Danica. Autograph lines aren't the only place the racing star meets new fans.

"Every once and a while at a stop light I'll pull up to the line and someone will be looking over at me and you can tell they want to race," Patrick says.

I made the mistake of asking whether or not she partakes in such challenges.

"Oh yeah. It's on! You can't get a speeding ticket for accelerating up to the speed limit too quickly, can you? I don't think so. I mean, if I squeeled the tires maybe, but that's kind of hard to do."

It's hard to do -- unless you're Danica Patrick.
1 Response to "Danica Patrick Visits South Bend"
Danicaman said :
May 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM
i wish i was the hemet Danica's feet were on right now